11/01/2013

FREE NINJAS!

I'm making a very special ninja this afternoon... and with each stitch, I'm getting more annoyed.

See, here's the deal. My friend's daughter went as a ninja for Halloween. This kid ROCKED the ninja. She had the pose... the fighting eyes... everything.

But she felt awkward about it and the whole thing chipped at her self esteem... because "girls aren't supposed to be ninjas."

This is not the way it's supposed to be, folks. Kids are just that -- kids. And while they're kids, they should be allowed to try on any hat they like -- especially on Halloween. Girls can be ninjas. Boys can be nurses (in fact, my brother is a nurse in real life!). Be constructions workers... try out that ballerina... this is the time to discover -- am I right?

So here's the thing. I'm making up one of my ninja girl dolls for my friend's daughter. It's going to have brownish-blondish braids just like her. And it's going to ROCK. But as I sit here stitching, I'm reminded that my friend's daughter wasn't the only girl ninja this Halloween. So, in honor of that amazing young lady (who not only rocked being a ninja -- but also rocked the whole courage thing) I'm giving my ninja pattern away free for the entire month of November.

I'm doing the free pattern right here from my blog as well as on Ravelry. Just click the button below to get it.


In addition to that, I think we'll have a little contest. What do you guys say? Come join me on my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/theitsybitsyspider) and share your photos of your finished ninjas (especially the girl ones). If you don't do Facebook, you can also email me your ninja pictures and I'll share them anonymously (ibscrochet@gmail.com). Who's in? Let's show my friend's daughter (and all the other amazing girls out there) the biggest army of ninjas she's ever seen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin