5/27/2010

WIP No More!

I finally finished my first project with the granny squares I received from the Great Granny Swap and I'm REALLY pleased with how it turned out! Drum roll please.....


I used eight squares in all from the lighter colored ones I received. I first got them all to roughly the same size by adding 1-3 more rounds. I say "roughly" the same size because the gauges on a lot of the squares were really different. I puzzled and puzzled how to handle this with two of the bigger squares that incidentally had the PERFECT color schemes for my tote bag project and decided to add an outside cell phone pocket across the front. The pocket keeps the looser gauge squares from puffing out too much and makes a handy holder for keys and phone.


The back side of the tote was a little easier since I was able to find four squares in the right color scheme with relatively similar gauges. Aren't they gorgeous together?

Now, I love carrying little things in my bags and I didn't anything slipping through the granny holes on this project. So, each of the sides is also fully lined with a knitted panel 60 stitches wide by 68 stitches tall. Not one single penny is going to slip through this bag!


The sides, strap and bottom of the bag are made from a strips of 12 single crochet stitches. All in all I used almost an ENTIRE skein of Caron 1 Pound yarn in cream. One thing is for certain, this bag will last!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You are something! I love it! That's nuts that you used practically a pound of yarn lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I love your your excitement for plants vs Zombies :) The noises are the BEST lol You know at the end with the credits baahahaha that's the funniest song ever! You should made a pea shooter amigurumi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky -- I have totally been wanting to do a PVZ ami for the longest time now. LOL. Add that to the list of things I want to do and compare it to the list of things I have to do and well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. I have been playing around with mine, trying to figure out what I want to do....this is inspiring me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!

    Hugs & Blessings,
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`♥Anita

    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bag and I love that one of my squares I made is on it!!! I just received my squares today and I am so excited...
    Love your blog!

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your bag is great! Inspiring is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete

  8. شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى المدينة المنورة شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى المدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى مكة شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى مكة
    شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الطائف شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الطائف

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin