11/21/2009

Some things I need to share...



Today is already a mixed day for me, and I haven't finished my first cup of coffee. First and foremost, today is our daughter's "airport day." For those of you who are not in on the international adoption lingo, an airport day (some call it "gotcha day") is the anniversary of the child's arrival in your family. One year ago today, my husband and I drove to Detroit where we met our beautiful daughter for the first time. It was one of the best days in my life and we're looking forward to celebrating the anniversary.

Today is also a yucky day.  I don't like to dwell on the negative, so I don't often blog about my rheumatoid arthritis (RA). But, this morning I feel like I lost a battle with a steam roller. My fingers, wrists and hands are just plain sore and everything else is just achy enough to make it so that I can't stay in bed any longer. And all I can think about are those special orders I planned to work on. "Waiter? I'd like an order of Aleve with my breakfast, please."

I'll get through it. I always do. But on a day like today -- where I want to celebrate -- the RA just dumps a big gray cloud on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin