8/28/2009

Inspried by toys

I'm hoping to get a little more feedback on my Amigurumi's Next Top Model challenge, so I started working on another little inspiration while I wait. The other day, I was browsing Amazon (looking for a birthday present for my husband) and accidentally came across this...


No, this is not in the birthday present running... but seriously - I want one! I was thinking about how much fun it would be for my daughter to play with some of the amigurumi critters I've made for her. So, I made some sketches and started on my own.

The tree looks a little creepy right now (need some more branches and some green), but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. Here's WIP (work-in-process) photo of what I have so far.


The kitty hiding in the base is from a free pattern called Gumball the Kitten - I'll have links and comments on the pattern this Sunday. It came out cute, but there are definitely some things to watch for!

I'll keep posting updates on the pretend tree house as I get time, but I'd love to get your thoughts too! Leave me a comment with what you think or how I can get the tree looking a little less "Halloween" and a lot more playful!

For those of you who are on Ravelry, here's a link to the project ==> http://www.ravelry.com/projects/itsybitsyspider/pretend-tree-house

1 comment:

LinkWithin