1/01/2008

Children's Gifting Mittens & A New Little Bear

About This Pattern As soon as my daughter saw the gifting mittens I made up for my mom, I knew I was in trouble. “Mama,” she said, sidling up next to me. “Can I have a pair of mittens? I want green mittens because green is my favorite color.”

How could I say no? And, because I have a few other mitten lovers on my list, I made sure this pattern was all ready for any size kid — from my kindergartner to the middle school girls who help out at the school. Of course, it wouldn’t be an Itsy Bitsy Spider original without a little amigurumi treat to go with the pattern. So, after you make up your own gifting mittens, make sure to stitch up a few sweet little bears to go along with them!

Skill Level: Advanced beginner
Stitches Used: Chain Stitch (CH), Single Crochet (SC), Double Crochet (DC), Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC), Back Post Double Crochet (BPDC), Slip Stitch (SL), Single Crochet Decrease (DECR)
Size: Small: 3 in wide and 6 in long. Medium: 3.75 in wide and 6.5 in long. Large: 4.25 in wide and 7.25 in long.

Hook: US Sizes G and F (hook conversion)
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava Worsted
Other Materials: Fiber fill, 10 mm eyes, felt, embroidery floss, yarn needle, stitch marker
Price: $3.00 Ravelry Download (Ravelry account is not needed for purchase)

Other purchase options available. Please click here for more information.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin