1/01/2008

Amigurumi Dust Kitten

About This Pattern

My mom grew up speaking only Polish until grade school and she passed plenty of words on to me and my brother while we were growing up. One of those words was “KOCIĘ.” To me, the word sounds like cwoo-tee (with a short “oo” sound like in book), although I am by no means an expert in the Polish language.

When my brother and I were sent to do our chores, one of our tasks was cleaning the KOCIĘ from the corners and under the furniture. It wasn’t until some years later that I learned that KOCIĘ means “kitten” in English.


Skill Level: Advanced beginner
Stitches Used: Chain Stitch (CH), Single Crochet (SC), Half Double Crochet (HDC), Slip Stitch (SL), Single Crochet Decrease (DECR)
Other Techniques: Brushed Crochet (instructions in pattern)
Size: 2-3 inches (5-8 cm)

Hook: US Size E (hook conversion)
Yarn: Sport Weight Acrylic (such as Red Heart Designer Sport)
Other Materials: Fiber fill, 15mm cat eyes, 9mm plastic nose, yarn needle, stitch marker, pet slicker brush

Price: $3.00 Ravelry Download (Ravelry account is not needed for purchase)


Other purchase options available. Please click here for more information.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin